Raising Calm and Compassionate Kids: A Mindful Heart-Centered Workshop.
Time & Location
About the Event
This workshop is the heart-felt creation of Stina Jørgensen and Dr. Renée Mudrey with the purpose of cultivating a safe, compassionate, and fun experience for children. Within this workshop, your children will learn to increase emotional awareness, regulate difficult emotions, and communicate needs more effectively all while having fun. Additionally, your children will improve social and emotional skills including increased problem-solving, confidence, and compassion for others. This virtual workshop will include mindfulness experiences including art-based activities, story time, yoga, and relaxation/stress management, and much, much, more.
Benefits and Outcomes of the Workshop
- Children will learn how to self soothe
- Improve Clarity and Focus
- Calm negative emotions
- Reduce impulsiveness and excitability
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Improve problem-solving
- Increase empathy, compassion, and kindness
- Cultivate emotional intelligence (awareness, expression, and regulation).
- And much, much, more :)
1. Mindful Glitter Calming Jar
- Mason Jar or Plastic Soda Bottle
- Warm Water
- Clear Glue
- Glitter Glue or Loose Glitter (any colors preferred)
- Food Coloring (optional)
2. Any stuffed animal
- This does not have to be a new stuffed animal.
3. Dried Fruit or Gummies
- Please keep this a secret.
4. Comfy Clothes to Move Around in.
5. Yoga Mat or Something to Lie On.
Who Should Take this Workshop:
- This workshop is ideal for any child between the ages of 5 and 8 years old.
- Children who may be experiencing high energy levels.
- Children who struggle with attention or focus.
- Children who are experiencing moderate or high levels of anxiety, stress, or conflict.
- Or anyone wanting to learn to implement mindfulness into their everyday practice.
Dr. Renée Mudrey - a tenured Associate Professor of Educational Psychology, internationally recognized teacher trainer and researcher in the field of social and emotional learning, the developer of the "Teachers Emotion Regulation" scale used around the world, author of "The Unbecoming: A Journey Within, and the divine Mother of two amazing children.
Stina Jørgensen - is living in Norway with her husband and their two children. She’s a mediyoga teacher for children and mindfulness teacher. She's held courses for children and teens, in yoga, mindfulness and god self-esteem. Stina is a soccer coach, and has been coaching children in different ages. She has also had yoga and mental training for young athletes.
Tickets: $5.00 USD - 100% donation to Feed the Children.
- Ages 5-8$5$50$0