Sat, Jun 20|
A Mindful Heart-Centered Workshop for Teens - Ages 12+
This workshop is the heart-felt creation of Stina Jørgensen and Dr. Renee Mudrey with the purpose of cultivating a compassionate, and fun experience for teens. Within this workshop, they will learn to increase emotional awareness, regulate difficult emotions, and communicate needs effectively.
Time & Location
Jun 20, 2020, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
About the event
This workshop is the heart-felt creation of Stina Jørgensen and Dr. Renée Mudrey with the purpose of cultivating a safe, compassionate, and fun experience for teens (Ages 12 and older). Within this workshop, teen participants will learn to increase emotional awareness, regulate difficult emotions, and communicate needs more effectively, and learn to navigate successful relationship skills all while having fun. Additionally, teen participants will improve social and emotional skills including increased problem-solving, self-esteem, confidence, and compassion for others. This virtual workshop will include mindfulness experiences including art-based activities, creative/reflective writing, yoga, qigong, relaxation/stress management, and much, much, more.
Benefits and Outcomes of the Workshop
- Develop inner confidence and awareness
- Improve understanding of mind, body, and spirit alignment
- Improve Clarity and Focus
- Calm negative emotions
- Reduce impulsiveness and excitability
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Improve problem-solving
- Skills to develop and nagivate healthy relationships
- Increase empathy, compassion, and kindness
- Cultivate emotional intelligence (awareness, expression, and regulation).
- And much, much, more :)
1. "Two-Faces of Me" - Masks
- Cut out the mask that was emailed to the registration email address or trace out any mask image online. Perferably use white or light colored paper since you will be coloring or painting these masks.
- Any materials to decorate the mask (colored papers, markers, crayons, paints, stickers, the sky is the limit).
- Material to protect the surface you are working on (paper towels, newspaper, etc.).
2. Gratitude Journaling/Free Writing/Sketching
- Empty Notebook or paper in a binder designated for the free writing/drawing exercise.
- Participants will be provided several writing or sketching prompts to respond to.
- Colored markers or pencils to color gratitude images.
3. Relaxation Experiences
- Participants will be taught several breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Nothing is required but an open mind and open heart.
4. Comfy Clothes to Move Around in.
5. Yoga Mat or Something to Lie On.
- To be used for Yoga and Qigong.
Who Should Take this Workshop:
- This workshop is ideal for any teen between the ages of 12 and 18 years old.
- Those wanting to improve their inner confidence and relationship skills.
- Teens who may be experiencing high energy levels.
- Teens who struggle with attention or focus.
- Teens who are experiencing moderate or high levels of anxiety, stress, or conflict.
- Or anyone wanting to learn to implement mindfulness into their everyday practice for stress management.
Dr. Renée Mudrey - a tenured Associate Professor of Educational Psychology, internationally recognized teacher trainer and researcher in the field of social and emotional learning, the developer of the "Teachers Emotion Regulation" scale used around the world, author of "The Unbecoming: A Journey Within, and the divine Mother of two amazing children.
Stina Jørgensen - is living in Norway with her husband and their two children. She’s a mediyoga teacher for children and mindfulness teacher. She's held courses for children and teens, in yoga, mindfulness and healthy self-esteem. Stina is a soccer coach, and has been coaching children in different ages. She has also had yoga and mental training for young athletes.
Tickets: $5.00 USD - 100% donation to Feed the Children.
This ticket grants admission for one teen who is registered for the event. Each teen must be registered individually. A $5.00 non-refundable fee is required and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Feed the Children https://secure.feedthechildren.org/site/Donation2?1680.donation=form1&df_id=1680&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid&utm_content=sitelink-multiplier&gclid=CjwKCAjw8J32BRBCEiwApQEKgf4yt7zp6tPlrHWYBnHP2U45DpJyZzjZQ2Ywm5Yo5LPmo__ULZDILRoCUf0QAvD_BwE