Sat, Aug 22|
Mindful, Compassionate Teaching and Parenting: A Free Workshop for Returning to School Amidst Covid 19
This workshop is the heart-felt creation of Stina Jørgensen and Dr. Renee Mudrey with the purpose of providing teachers and parents emotionally relevant knowledge as they transition back to school. Within this workshop, you will learn about emotional regulation, stress management, and mindfulness.
Time & Location
Aug 22, 2020, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
About the event
This workshop is the heart-felt creation of Stina and Dr. Renee Mudrey with the purpose of providing teachers and parents emotionally relevant knowledge as they transition back to school. Within this workshop, you will learn about emotional regulation, stress management, mindfulness, and ways to adopt a personal daily practice for you and your children/students.
What You will Learn:
- What is emotional regulation, its benefits for stress management and emotional control, and how to implement at home and in the classroom.
- The benefits of compassionate listening for personal growth, connection, and emotion regulation.
- How to cultivate focus, resilience, empathy, connection, and wellbeing as the basis for academic and personal success amidst uncertain times.
- The 9 attitudes of Mindfulness and the benefits of a mindfulness practice for yourself and students/children.
- How to use breath for relaxation and emotion control.
- How to adopt and implement a personal daily practice for yourself and your students/children.
- A guided mindfulness meditation
What You will Need:
- An open heart and mind
- Comfy clothes
- Place to be free of distraction for guided meditation
- Internet connection for Zoom session
Dr. Renée Mudrey - a tenured Associate Professor of Educational Psychology, internationally recognized teacher trainer and researcher in the field of social and emotional learning, the developer of the "Teachers Emotion Regulation" scale used around the world, author of "The Unbecoming: A Journey Within, and the divine Mother of two amazing children. Dr. Renee was a teacher of middle school and high school for nearly ten years before transitioning to educational psychology and research.
Stina Jørgensen - is living in Norway with her husband and their two children. She’s a mediyoga teacher for children and mindfulness teacher. She's held courses for children and teens in yoga, mindfulness and healthy self-esteem. Stina is a soccer coach, and has been coaching children in different ages. She has also had yoga and mental training for young athletes.
Cost: Free/No Cost limited to 25 participants. First come, first serve.
This ticket entitles you access to the Free workshop on Mindful, Compassionate Teaching and Parenting. A Zoom link will be send in the confirmation email. Please be sure to search your spam for the event if you do not see a confirmation in your inbox upon registering.