Sat, Jun 13|
Raising Calm and Compassionate Tweens: A Mindful Heart-Centered Workshop - Ages 9-12
This workshop is the heart-felt creation of Stina Jørgensen and Dr. Renee Mudrey with the purpose of cultivating a compassionate, and fun experience for tweens. Within this workshop, they will learn to increase emotional awareness, regulate difficult emotions, and communicate needs effectively.
Time & Location
Jun 13, 2020, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
About the event
This workshop is the heart-felt creation of Stina Jørgensen and Dr. Renée Mudrey with the purpose of cultivating a safe, compassionate, and fun experience for tweens (Ages 9-12) who are no longer children, yet not quite teens. Within this workshop, your children will learn to increase emotional awareness, regulate difficult emotions, and communicate needs more effectively, and learn to navigate successful relationship skills all while having fun. Additionally, your children will improve social and emotional skills including increased problem-solving, self-esteem, confidence, and compassion for others. This virtual workshop will include mindfulness experiences including art-based activities, reflective writing, yoga, relaxation/stress management, and much, much, more.
Benefits and Outcomes of the Workshop
- Develop inner confidence and awareness
- Improve Clarity and Focus
- Calm negative emotions
- Reduce impulsiveness and excitability
- Improve the quality of sleep
- Improve problem-solving
- Skills to develop and nagivate healthy relationships
- Increase empathy, compassion, and kindness
- Cultivate emotional intelligence (awareness, expression, and regulation).
- And much, much, more :)
1. "Worry" Box
- Any small to medium box or container you have around the house (examples: tissue box or shoe box).
- Any materials to decorate the box (wrapping paper, construction paper, markers, crayons, paints, stickers, the sky is the limit)
- Few Sheets of paper to cut into squares.
2. Gratitude Journaling/Free Writing/Sketching
- Empty Notebook or paper in a binder designated for the free writing/drawing exercise.
- Participants will be provided several writing or sketching prompts to respond to.
3. Relaxation Experiences
- Participants will be taught several breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Nothing is required but an open mind and open heart.
4. Comfy Clothes to Move Around in.
5. Yoga Mat or Something to Lie On.
Who Should Take this Workshop:
- This workshop is ideal for any tweens between the ages of 9 and 12 years old.
- Those wanting to improve their inner confidence and relationship skills.
- Tweens who may be experiencing high energy levels.
- Tweens who struggle with attention or focus.
- Tweens who are experiencing moderate or high levels of anxiety, stress, or conflict.
- Or anyone wanting to learn to implement mindfulness into their everyday practice.
Dr. Renée Mudrey - a tenured Associate Professor of Educational Psychology, internationally recognized teacher trainer and researcher in the field of social and emotional learning, the developer of the "Teachers Emotion Regulation" scale used around the world, author of "The Unbecoming: A Journey Within, and the divine Mother of two amazing children.
Stina Jørgensen - is living in Norway with her husband and their two children. She’s a mediyoga teacher for children and mindfulness teacher. She's held courses for children and teens, in yoga, mindfulness and healthy self-esteem. Stina is a soccer coach, and has been coaching children in different ages. She has also had yoga and mental training for young athletes.
Tickets: $5.00 USD - 100% donation to Feed the Children.
This ticket grants admission for one child who is registered for the event. Each child must be registered individually. A $5.00 non-refundable fee is required and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Feed the Children https://secure.feedthechildren.org/site/Donation2?1680.donation=form1&df_id=1680&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=paid&utm_content=sitelink-multiplier&gclid=CjwKCAjw8J32BRBCEiwApQEKgf4yt7zp6tPlrHWYBnHP2U45DpJyZzjZQ2Ywm5Yo5LPmo__ULZDILRoCUf0QAvD_BwE